By Kate Robinson Beckwith, MFA ’13 Built in 1949 with funding from Mills alumnae, Reinhardt Alumnae House (RAH) was designed by architect Clarence Mayhew to serve as the campus home of the Alumnae Association of Mills College (AAMC). While RAH continues to fill its original purpose, today it also serves the wider community as a
While climate change is more of a reality and less of a hypothetical, there are still actions the College can take to lower its carbon footprint.
The Mills campus can feel like a world unto itself, but that doesn’t stop questions about citizenship from coming through the front gates.
The way forward for Mills involves stronger partnerships with the Oakland communities surrounding campus.
What was once an infirmary is now a set of classrooms—and vice versa! Over 150 years, the Mills campus has evolved in many different directions.
The Mills Community Farm gives students the chance to get their hands dirty while learning how to grow their own food–and about larger issues of inequality.
A complete overhaul helps the historic building better feature the creative work of today’s students with support from philanthropists Ellen and Glenn Voyles.
As the Chapel marks its 50th birthday, the campus chaplain reflects on the state
of faith at Mills today and the importance of cultivating interfaith awareness in order
to address today’s polarizing political and social issues.
President DeCoudreaux looks back on the accomplishments of her five-year tenure.
A historic photo album preserves the impressions of a campus visitor in 1885.