This summer, the Mills campus received a much-needed refresh, including a power washing of sidewalks and buildings to bring back their shine. Other changes and updates include:
- The reopening and upgrade of Founders Commons, which shuttered during the pandemic. There’s a new entrance on the side of the building closer to Mills Hall, as well as new flooring, signage, and paint.
- New flooring and equipment at the Tea Shop, plus the reopening of Café Suzie (directly across Rothwell Plaza, in the Student Union building) for grab-and-go food items.
- A new campus store space next to Café Suzie, operated by Barnes & Noble, which carries campus swag and school supplies.
- The opening of a new “tech bar” in the Prieto Gallery space between the Tea Shop and F.W. Olin Library.
- New classroom furniture across campus and technology upgrades to 17 specific classrooms in several buildings, including Mills Hall.
- The installation of new Mills College at Northeastern University banners on campus light poles, and an updated sign at Richards Gate.
- In the residence halls, the addition of proctor stations at the entrances to enhance security as well as new furniture for student rooms.
Still to come (at press time) were the installation of 150 package lockers in Rothwell Plaza to augment services at the Mail & Copy Center, plus new wayfinding signage across campus that incorporates Mills history. Photos by Ruby Wallau.