Representatives from Northeastern’s alumni relations office outlined new benefits available to Mills graduates at two separate sessions last fall.
Northeastern’s Associate Vice President of Alumni Relations and Annual Giving Lori Jacques was joined by Senior Director for Engagement Initiatives Adrianne Denenberg for an in-person info session at Reunion 2022, then reviewed much of the same info in an online forum on November 16. “Everything that we’re doing is available for Mills alumnae,” Jacques said. “We are very excited to partner with Nikole (Adams) and her team. We are here to collaborate!”
In addition to benefits available through the AAMC and the Office of Alumnae Relations—which includes pool/library access, receipt of the Quarterly and (e)ucalyptus, Reunion, and much more—Mills alums can now access the following:
• The Lifelong Learning program, which includes on-demand learning modules presented by Northeastern faculty members and a video library with conversations among faculty members, alumni, and university leaders. The Northeastern alumni YouTube channel also features video content on a wide variety of topics.
• Eligibility for the Double Husky Scholarship, which provides a 25% discount off tuition for graduate programs—of which there are more than 120.
• Strategic career-focused opportunities, including dedicated coaching for alums, on-demand webinars, and NUSource, a mentoring platform that brings together students and graduates. (NUSource uses the same software that powered MillsConnect.)
• A broad alumni network organized by affinity and region, with established presences in regions that have historically not hosted Mills events due to small alum populations.
• Discounts for retailers and services such as Dell computers.
• Newsletter subscriptions that provide info on the various Northeastern campuses; sign up for those at news.northeastern.edu.
To access these resources or learn more about them, visit alumni.northeastern.edu. An email with a link to the recording of the full November 16 online session was sent to Mills alums on November 21, 2022; if you did not receive it but would like to view the video, visit tinyurl.com/northeastern-benefits.